Monday, Feb 10, 2014
5 Things To Look For in Ottawa Apartments
If you are hunting for apartments in the Ottawa area, there are five important things you should be looking for:
- Number of Bedrooms: Whether you are single or a family of five, think about how many bedrooms you require. Would it be nice to have an office? Can your daughters share a bedroom? Do you often have overnight guests? Consider all of your needs and then see if you can either save money by downsizing or make living more comfortable by looking for an additional room to better suit your needs.
- Number of Bathrooms: If you are a family, having an en suite off the master bedroom is a great idea. Even if you don’t have kids, it is always nice to have an extra bathroom or powder room. This way, when you have guests, they can have their own space to spread out and get ready in the mornings.
- Location: Location plays a huge role in where you want to live in Ottawa. You have to consider your lifestyle, where you work, where your kids will go to school and the proximity of your home to the shops and services that you need. You also want to consider transportation and the general safety of the area.
- Type of Rental: There are many different types of rentals available in the Ottawa area ranging from condos or apartment buildings to townhouses or detached homes. Consider the kind of life you lead and the type of home that suits your style. Some people need more character in their homes and might not be as happy in a standard apartment building. Others might like the security that living in a large building offers.
- Amenities: Consider if you require amenities such as pools, gyms and laundry rooms. Keep in mind that amenities can add to the price of an apartment. Remember that laundry is a major factor in most people’s lives. Consider if you need a laundry room in your unit, if you would be okay with going down to a laundry room or even if you wouldn’t mind using a local laundromat. Weigh the pros and cons and be sure that you make the best decision for you and your lifestyle.
Keeping these five things in mind will help ensure that you have everything that you need for your perfect rental unit.